Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a mantle upgrade

I like a little change in my life. So, I decided that the mantle needed some much needed change from when I first moved in. Instead of spending a lot of money, I decided that this was the perfect time to use my crafting skills. My roomate and I decided to get thrifty and head out to a local thrift store. What did we end up with? Various size frames ranging from $6.99 to $1.99, scrapbook paper from Michael's, and spray paint.
the sad mantle


re-used frames

waiting patiently for the spray paint
banner red spray paint

the frames are already feeling much prettier

while the paint was drying, paper was cut to fit each frame

the happy mantle!

milk-glass is one of my favorite things

2 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

Nice job Sara! I love the red and robins egg blue together! My mantle needs some work. Do you travel? :)

Megan Schwarz said...

Haven't looked at your blog in forever and saw this post! the mantle looks super cute! maybe if i ever get some free time.....