Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Pencil Box




This particular project was to design a well-crafted box to hold pencils. I decided I wanted to make something very clean and simple. I concentrated more on making straight edges and clean corners. As you can tell in my pictures my first iteration had a tray to hold pencils. My original plan was to make little sections to hold various items, but I thought that made the box too busy. For my final box, I chose to use textured pale green paper. I liked how the color looked on my box..not too much, not too little. Then, I decided that the pale green was too simple, so I added a patterned paper with a touch of color on the inside. It sort of is a surprise when you open the box because you wouldn't expect the patterned paper! I really enjoyed making this project...and plus, I am planning to use my box for my own person use=)

1 comment:

troy said...

your final pencil container is beautiful. i love the papers you picked out for it. i'd buy this in a store!